In common with all of the East Cornwall General Practices, and in accordance with a national prioritisation, the team at Saltash Health Centre are currently supporting the directive to offer the Covid booster vaccination to all adults in our local population by the end of December.
We have now got booster clinics planned for the next few days, we will be inviting patients in batches as we get each clinic confirmed. These clinics will rotate between Pensilva, Saltash Football club or the China Fleet club – depending on each site’s availability.
We will be inviting you by text message that includes a direct booking link. PLEASE use the link to book your appointment as soon as you can, we are working out clinics on a daily basis and won’t know when or where our next availability will be so, please take your opportunity to book when it is sent to you.
As a result of the above we have reluctantly taken the decision to reduce our availability to our patients for routine/planned care. We are therefore only able to guarantee a response to urgent/emergency medical needs and are applying strict triage criteria to patient access, whether by eConsult or by telephone.
All eConsult and telephone requests are being triaged by a doctor. If there is a medically urgent need you will receive a response within 24-48 hours. Otherwise, your eConsult will not be dealt with and we would respectfully request that you resubmit your query at a later date. We fully understand that this will be inconvenient to some and may cause some concerns – please be aware of the following alternative sources of medical help and support in the interim:
- General information regarding current NHS information www.nhs.uk Information for conditions/symptoms www.patient.info/health
- Community Pharmacist – including minor ailments scheme
- Minor Injury Unit – Cumberland Centre and Liskeard Community Hospital
- Minor Eye Conditions via high street optician (eg Noakes and Habermahl)
- More urgent eye complaints – triage service at Royal Eye Infirmary 01752 439330 · Health Visitor/School Nursing Service/Youth Worker via the Early Help Hub Parents – Cornwall Council
- District Nursing Team Saltash 01752 679018/ 01752 679019
- Mental Health support: Outlook South West | Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (cornwallft.nhs.uk)
- Mental Health Support out of working hours: I need help now | Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (cornwallft.nhs.uk) Tel 0800 001 4330
- Alcohol and Addiction support: We Are With You 01579 340616