Connecting you to your community.
You will find information on a wide range of services, community groups and organisations in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Their aim is to provide individuals, families, carers, volunteers and healthcare professionals with access to services and community based activities that will reduce social isolation and improve health and wellbeing.
How does it work?
Visitors to this website can:
- Search the directory for a range of support services and community activities such as lunch clubs, health and fitness, community transport schemes etc.
- Filter information by location, support needs, interests or health conditions.
- Create and save a “favourites” list – like a social prescription, which can be printed out or emailed to another person.
- Read stories and learn from others about Living Well in later life.
- Access volunteering opportunities and enable community groups to post volunteering opportunities.
- Submit activities, groups and support services that might be useful to your community.
Vision for the future
Their vision is that The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Link will become a hub for social connection and community exchange. A place where people from across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly can find what they need, ask the community for help or offer support to others.
Many of the small groups and organisations we work with (such as memory cafes) rely heavily on volunteers and need to increase capacity. The Cornwall Link will enable groups to add their volunteering opportunities to their service listings.
You can visit the website via www.cornwall-link.co.uk.
For more information, please contact Age UK Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.