We have a Maritime and Coastguard Agency approved doctor qualified for ENG1 medical certificates.
To arrange an appointment, please complete our Shipping Medicals form and the practice will be in contact within 3 working days. Appointments can last between 30 to 50 minutes.
Please note that medical fees have increased.
The fee charged is paid during the consultation:
- ENG1 – £105.00
- ML5 – £85.00
- Drug and Alcohol screen with ENG (45 min appointment £35.00 arrangement and £72.00 lab fee) – Total £212.00
- Danish Medical & ENG1 – duration 45 minutes – (£105.00 + £15.00) – £120.00
- Danish Medical – duration 30 minutes – £105.00
Please avoid exposure to loud noises for 16 hours prior to the appointment.
Please bring with you:
- A discharge book, passport or other certified photographic proof of identity and a driving licence.
- The old or current ENG1 – a new one cannot be issued without this.
- Spectacles or contact lenses if worn, plus spares. Those who wear contact lenses should not wear them on the day of the examination as they will need to remove them while they are tested.
- Any medications.
- Recent letters or discharge notes which relate to medical treatment since the last medical examination.
- A dental examination forms part of the medical and you will have needed to have visited a dentist within the last year or are advised to do so.
- Should the examination require an interpreter please bring them with you.
- On arrival please report to reception and complete the ENG2 form. You will be given a urine pot – you will not need to produce a sample until you have seen the doctor.
We do not do wind turbine examinations – please look at the MCA website or contact Dr Gaston at St Levan Surgery.