Visitors To Cornwall
If you are unfortunate enough to need medical help while you are visiting Cornwall, please bear in mind that we, too, are still under restrictions related to the Covid pandemic and striving to reduce footfall through our health centre as much as possible, to keep our staff and patients safe.
With this in mind, please can we ask the following:
- If you require a repeat prescription or replacement medication, please telephone and arrange through your home (registered) General Practice as normal. This service can now be done remotely across the country and medications electronically delivered to a local pharmacy for you to collect. Details of local pharmacies are as follows:
- If you require advice regarding your long term medical condition or prescription medication, please contact your home (registered) General Practice for safe accurate medical care from your usual practitioner. This might require you to complete an online consultation, consult via telephone, or consult via video link with your usual Practice team.
- If you require a routine blood test (eg INR) or other similar routine assistance while you are away from home, please discuss this with your usual General Practice at home, ideally before you travel. On receipt of a request from your usual GP we may be able to arrange this for you but cannot guarantee short notice requests.
- If you have a new illness which worries you while you are away from home, please access NHS 111 online for advice in the first instance, or contact a local pharmacy as detailed above. If the advice is that you require assistance from a GP, please contact your usual General Practice as usual as most of these problems can still be dealt with remotely by telephone or video as above.
- If it becomes apparent that you require an urgent face to face consultation in primary care we will be able to register you for “Immediately necessary treatment” and provide this locally in Saltash.